The Ministry of Health has contained the Cholera outbreak, which was reported in Lusaka earlier this year.
Briefing the media in Lusaka today, Health minister Chitalu Chilufya said as of today, NO Cholera case has been recorded in the last 19 days.
Dr. Chilufya said seven cases had earlier been confirmed as of February 13, 2019, and these were from Kabanana, Garden compound, Chipata compound, Mtendere and Buseko market.
He further said the factors that caused the recent contained outbreak, were similar to those that caused the 2017-2018 Outbreak.
Dr. Chilufya also thanked Zambia National Service -ZNS- Commandant Lieutenant General Nathan Mulenga for supporting Government’s efforts by helping to clean up Buseko Market which was the main cause of the Cholera outbreak.
Meanwhile, The World Health Organization- WHO- has handed over two vehicles to the Ministry of Health for Cholera response.
Dr. Chilufya thanked the WHO for the donation adding that it will go a long way in helping to prevent another outbreak.